I'm fucking lazy, so I'm just going to steal all this from Hot Chip's website. I will even designate the stolen areas with italics. Onward.
On February 16th/24th, War Child and their record label partners at Parlophone and Astralwerks will be releasing an amazing new collection of cover versions called "WAR CHILD presents HEROES", an album to benefit the WAR CHILD humanitarian organization. WAR CHILD is an award-winning charity that provides humanitarian assistance to war-affected children in some of the most devastated regions of the world.
War Child asked Joy Division to name a member of the current generation to cover their song "Transmission". They chose us and we are proud to announce this new version can now be heard on War Child's most ambitious album to date.....HEROES!
War Child protects children in war zones who have no one else to turn to. These children live in extreme poverty, where conflict has not only destroyed the bricks and mortar of their homes and schools — but has also torn apart the social fabric of the families and communities upon which these children depend. War Child believes it is unacceptable that the lives of children continue to be torn apart by war. Yet many of the people who die in conflict are children. War Child is working hard to protect these children and helping them to build themselves a more secure future.
War Child helps protect children by:
• reintegrating child soldiers with their families
• getting children off the streets, after war has forced them to leave home
• separating children from adults in prison
• rebuilding schools destroyed by war
• lobbying politicians to do more for children affected by war
• empowering the public to get involved
Here is the tracklisting
01. Beck (Bob Dylan - “Leopard-Skin Pill-Box Hat”)
02. The Kooks (The Kinks - “Victoria”)
03. The Hold Steady (Bruce Springsteen - “Atlantic City”)
04. Hot Chip (Joy Division - “Transmission”)
05. Lily Allen feat. Mick Jones (The Clash - “Straight To Hell”)
06. Yeah Yeah Yeahs (The Ramones - “Sheena Is A Punk Rocker”)
07. Franz Ferdinand (Blondie - “Call Me”)
08. Duffy (Paul McCartney - “Live And Let Die”)
09. Estelle (Stevie Wonder - “Superstition”)
10. Rufus Wainwright (Brian Wilson -” Wonderful & Song For Children”)
11. Scissor Sisters (Roxy Music - “Do The Strand”)
12. Peaches (Iggy Pop - “Search And Destroy”)
13. Adam Cohen (Leonard Cohen - “Take This Waltz”)
14. Elbow (U2 - “Running To Stand Still”)
15. The Like (Elvis Costello - “You Belong To Me”)
16. TV On The Radio (David Bowie - “Heroes”)
There's also an interview with Joy Division's Peter Hook where he discusses his enjoyment for Hot Chip. Read Part 1 aqui.
Here is a link to another page of links that will take you to where you can buy the CD. Or you can just go on itunes.